Ethics for AccountantsBack to Course Guide
How To Register
1946韦德官网 www.o-wallstreet.com Call 972-279-6511
Talk to an Advisor
The Ethics for Accountants course assists students in examining ethical dilemmas faced by those in the accounting profession. Students will develop a framework for ethical reasoning that provides for integrity, objectivity, and independence and professional skepticism. Using case studies and other methods, students will explore professional values and attitudes and resolve situations that are in the best interest of the public and the profession.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Identifying stakeholders and their influence on accounting decisions.
- Understanding the implications of ethical reasoning in the accounting profession.
- Developing a decision model/framework for accounting ethics.
- Applying a decision model/framework for ethical reasoning.
- Understanding the importance of professional skepticism.
- Understanding the significance of independence.
- Understanding the design of corporate governance and the importance of ethics.
- Evaluating the impact of ethics and professional judgment in accounting.
- Reviewing the professional responsibility of auditors.
- Understanding the ethics of tax accounting.
- Understanding the ethics of managerial accounting.
- Understanding the ethics of the accounting firm.
- Describing the AICPA Rules of Professional Conduct.
- Analyzing the types of potential fraud impacting financial statements.
- Reviewing the legal, regulatory, and professional obligations of auditors.
- Describe the types of earnings management that are possible.
- Analyzing ethical leadership.