我实习Back to 当然指南
This course is a stand-alone course and can不 be taken simultaneously with any other courses. This course offers the student field experience in counseling. Students are expected to complete within this course a minimum of 100 hours of the mandatory 300-hour practicum required for licensure in the State of Texas or Marriage and Family Therapy. Students are expected to complete within this course a minimum of 150 hours of the mandatory 300-hour practicum required for licensure in the State of Texas for Professional Counseling. Participation in continuing education, staff meetings, case presentations, and case observations is expected. 学生可 不 meet existing or potential counseling clients on the premises of Amberton University for any reason.
PREREQUISITE: Successful completion of CSL6839. Students must successfully pass the Professional Counseling Portfolio before enrolling in this course. The application for the Practicum and other requested documents must be presented to the instructor of CSL6839 Pre-Practicum no later than the last class meeting. Failure to do so may result in the student being administratively dropped from the course.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Developing a comprehensive conceptual framework that describes the nature of the counseling process.
- Demonstrating consistency in the application of the conceptual framework.
- Demonstrating skill in building the counselor-client relationship.
- Identifying relevant treatment goals for clients within family systems.
- 应用ing appropriate counseling techniques in mental health settings.
- Evaluating progress of the client with regard to the stated treatment goals.
- Adopting professional responsibility in establishing networking relationships.
- Preparing treatment plans that are appropriate to the setting.
- Addressing personal goals with regard to the practicum experience.
- Understanding the ethical, legal, and professional standards of the counseling profession.
- Identifying and evaluating specialty areas within the career of counseling.
- Selecting and utilizing contemporary appraisal techniques most commonly used in the counseling profession.
- Defining consultation and supervision as related to the counseling profession.
- Understanding the referral/advocacy/triage processes related to the counseling profession.
- Identifying and applying crisis intervention techniques in a counseling situation.
- Examining the differences between crisis intervention and psychotherapy.
- Incorporating 150 hours of field experience in a manner that maximizes learning.
- 应用ing the major theories and methods of individual, group, and family counseling to specific counseling situations.
- Demonstrating competence and compassion with clients from different cultures, backgrounds, and orientations.