Role of Project Manager & Resource ManagementBack to 课程 Guide
This course presents the critical role of the project manager in the leadership of the project team and in achievement of project and organization objectives. In addition, this course covers the project management processes and skills required to identify, acquire, and manage project resources. Students explore these topics through case studies, discussions, and project management literature.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Discussing the definition of project management and the project manager.
- Discussing the interpersonal and leadership skills of the project manager.
- Understanding the role of the project manager in the leadership of the project team.
- Understanding the role of the project manager in project integration.
- Discussing the project manager’s sphere of influence.
- Defining the competencies of the project manager and the PMI Talent Triangle.®
- Discussing technical, business, and strategic skills of the project manager.
- Comparing leadership and management.
- Discussing the key concepts of project resource management.
- Discussing emerging trends in project management styles and resource management.
- Understanding the process of defining how to estimate, acquire, manage, and utilize physical and team resources.
- Understanding estimating the process of estimating team and physical resources.
- Understanding the process of obtaining team members and physical resources necessary to complete project work.
- Discussing the process of improving competencies, team member interaction, and the overall team environment to enhance project performance.
- Understanding the process of tracking team member performance, providing feedback, and resolving issues to optimize team performance.
- Discussing the process of ensuring that physical resources are allocated and utilized according to the project plan and taking corrective action as necessary.