Negotiation Skills for ManagersBack to 当然指南
The course presents skills for a variety of negotiating situations: managing contracts, implementing change, making sales purchases, settling organizational conflicts, planning strategies, and achieving credibility.
CAVEAT: No graduate credit will be awarded if MGT4193 has been successfully completed.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Identifying negotiatory elements and discussing the reasons they are important to the process.
- Determining the preconditions that affect negotiations and discussing the importance of determining the needs of both parties prior to negotiating.
- Mastering and utilizing the language of negotiation.
- Recognizing and dealing with personal negotiating styles and attitudes.
- Exploring the various tactics used by negotiators.
- Investigating the importance of nonverbal communications in the negotiation process.
- Analyzing why negotiations fail.
- Describing productive and counterproductive negotiation attitudes, strategies, assumptions and personal demeanor.
- Discussing how to negotiate under specific, unusual circumstances.
- Constructing a logical plan of action for a labor management contract.
- Establishing minimum and maximum goals in preparation for the negotiating process.
- Illustrating the importance of negotiating needs rather than negotiating positions.
- Identifying and recognizing personal strengths and weaknesses which have an impact on the negotiating process.
- Identifying ways to overcome obstacles that restrain progress in the negotiating process.
- Contrasting effective and ineffective teamwork in negotiations.
- Analyzing the important elements of a complete, written, negotiated agreement.
- Understanding the value of the resistance point and how to utilize it effectively.
- Illustrating the importance of communication and personal presentation during negotiations.
- Assessing the walk-away point and how to eliminate emotions in negotiations.
- Illustrating how to effectively negotiate in an ethical manner.
- Evaluating how to deal with other parties in various power positions.