Emerging TechnologiesBack to Course Guide
Emerging Technologies is a research-oriented course designed to guide the learner toward a greater appreciation and understanding of newly developing products and concepts that will have an impact on business. Topics include emerging products, investigation of emerging products, discussion of trends, and anticipation of future products.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Discussing the difference between an emerging technological product and a technological concept.
- Initiating an independent investigation of a product.
- Initiating independent research into a technological concept.
- Identifying the technological strengths and weaknesses of an identified product and of an emerging technological concept.
- Developing an in-depth technological overview report of a product.
- Reviewing literature relevant to advancing technologies and identifying trends that will result in new products.
- Grouping and interpreting emerging technologies for work opportunities/applications.
- Identifying or suggesting new products logically derived from emerging products.
- Discussing how emerging technological concepts breed technological products.
- Discussing how emerging products breed new technological concepts.
- Designing a new product logically derived from newly introduced technological concepts.
- Selecting an emerging technological concept and suggesting future emerging products logically derived from the concept.
- Selecting technological products and theorizing on anticipated emerging concepts.
- Discussing the practical and theoretical strengths and weaknesses in forecasting product development based on technological concepts.
- Identifying the practical and logical limits/parameters present in discussing emerging technologies.
- MIS4322.E1 Emerging Technologies