Family RelationsBack to Course Guide
The course presents a study of the life and teachings of Jesus Christ as revealed in the fourth Gospel, called the Gospel of John.
UPON COMPLETION OF THE COURSE, THE STUDENT WILL BE COMPETENT IN:
- Understanding the theological motive of the Gospel of John.
- Discovering evidences for the historicity and authorship of the Gospel of John.
- Discussing the historical background and theme of the Gospel of John.
- Characterizing the uniqueness of the Gospel of John from three other Gospels known as the Synoptics.
- Identifying the Pharisees, Sadducees, Essenes, and Gnostics.
- Tracing the developing oppositions to Jesus and his teachings.
- Discussing the theology of the Gospel of John relevant to human suffering.
- Discussing the miracles of Jesus presented by the Gospel of John, including their purpose and results.
- Describing the climax of opposition to the Christ and the results.
- Understanding the theology of the claims of Christ.
- Understanding the significance of the new birth.
- Describing the evidence of the bodily resurrection of Jesus in the Gospel of John and its importance for Christians today.
- Comprehending the revolutionary nature of the person and work of Jesus as revealed in the Gospel of John and, especially, as it relates to Him as Savior of the world.
- Determining a practical application of Jesus’ High Priestly prayer.
- Discussing the Holy Spirit as guide, comforter and revealer.
- Understanding the meaning of the “I AM” pronouncements by Jesus.
- Understanding the Old Testament background of the Gospel of John.
- Understanding the Old Testament prophecies fulfilled in the Gospel of John.
- REL3851.E1 Family Relations